"Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish."

-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stash & other projects

Made much progress on my Endpaper mitts last night. Finally finished the first mitten and began the next, I'll be sure to show them off upon their completion. I also finished a simple crocheted scarf for my sister-in-law, it will look sweet on her and I'm sure all of the elementary students will awe over it.







I also picked up some new stash; Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in deep royal blue and lavender. I've never purchased yarn that was wrapped in such a way and when I made an attempt fiddle, it turned into a gigantic yarn mess, never fun. Thus, one is still wrapped and the other in a ball. Does this categorize me as a beginner?


1 comment:

  1. For wrapping the hank of yarn undue the little knot already in it so that it is perfectly round. Pur it over the back of a chair and stand behind it. Find the ends that are tied together and untie them (while it's on the chair back, there is no way it can become tangled) and untie or clip the short ends. Choose one end to start with (usually the looser one) and begin going in circles around the hank and balling the yarn !!!! The blue alpaca looks really lovely !! Do you have a project in mind for it ?

    I really love the ribbon you tied around your hand crocheted scarf for your sister in law. It's such a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete