"Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish."

-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday morning scenery



I love Saturdays, especially when Gatlyn sleeps until 9:30 in the morning. We had a hearty breakfast of eggs and sausage patties and then Gatlyn took a shower with John. Shortly after he wound up with a fo-hawk and wasn't too happy about it! We had to run to the bank and on the way back stopped for doughnuts, which is definitely not on my diet plan. I had a delicious vanilla long-john which I've always thought was a weird name for a doughnut (Freudian?). My husband chose a traditional glazed doughnut as they were out of glazed croissants. We're home now and Gatlyn is down for his afternoon nap, peace and quiet for the next few hours. 


I absolutely adore that Gatlyn is pleased to romp around the house for hours playing. Most mothers, I imagine, find a scattered mess of toys obnoxious; however, I genuinely enjoy it. It reminds me of the innocence and playfulness of my son. Let's face it, the presence of a little one always warms an atmosphere. The tiny lamb below is a toy that Gatlyn picked out, himself, while we were running some errands last week. It is SO adorable and has found its place amongst all of his other toys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment